We are celebrating 100% success this week
Congratulations to our postgraduate students on passing their Radiography exams!
These students have worked very hard for this and are now qualified to take intra-oral and extra-oral radiographs of patients, which is a great way to get more involved with patient care, supporting the dentist, and most importantly, develop their personal career.
Dental Nurse is a very rewarding job, which no doubt, takes a lot of time, effort, commitment, learning, and hard work, but once qualified, it opens up so many great opportunities for you to develop and grow in your career.
The initial qualification to become a Dental Nurse can take up to 24 months and combines studying at home and working in a Dental Practice to gain your practical experience, which is also helping you to work out, which areas you enjoy most, and already giving you an idea for your future career progressions.
Once qualified and when you feel ready to move on and explore your options to improve your skills and knowledge, it helps to create a personal career map and carry out some research of the different progressions.
Here are our top tips on what to consider when planning your next career steps:
- Check the entry requirements for postgraduate courses
- Find out from your governing body, how many CPD points you need to achieve, and in what timeframe
- Ask your Dental Practice if they provide support for CPD training
- Find out which course is most beneficial for you personally, not just for your current workplace
- Research what is required to qualify and if you can accommodate this around your work schedule
- Check how long the qualification takes and if this works with your personal goals or your set time scale
We recently shared an article about career progressions, why CPD is important, and which other opportunities are available, not only for Dental Nurses.
You can read the full article here: Career Progressions for Qualified Professionals
#dentalnurse #professionaldevelopment #goalsetting #careerprogression #Radiography #postgraduatecourse